How to Move Thru the Phases:
- Confirm your RSO's registration status to ensure you are recognized.
- Select the student who will be responsible for filling out the Program Proposal application and communicating infromation with the rest of your RSO.
- Attend the RSO's Abroad Workshop to learn more about planning a trip, preparing for travel, and funding resources.
- Submit the Orange Phase proposal requirements (Travel team needs to start application available at the bottom of this page) by the dates listed in the table below.The goal of the Orange Phase is for your organization to determine the purpose of your travel and to start thinking about logistics. This is when you will have the opportunity to discuss logistics and any questions during the IPENG advising session.
Complete the Blue Phase proposal requirements (Additional tasks in the application will become available to you based on successful completion of Orange Phase) by the dates listed in the the table below.
- Finalize the technical, logistical, health, and safety details of your organization’s international experience. Await approval by IPENG.
Await approval by the International Programs in Engineering Office (IPENG) and International Safety & Secuirty (ISS). You should receive an email.
- Complete any final requests by IPENG and/or ISS to secure approval.
- Notify the committee of any proposal changes. Resubmit materials for approval, if necessary.
- All students traveling attend the Pre-Departure Orientation meeting (coordinated with IPENG).
- Complete the Illini Phase requirements by the dates listed in the below table.
If at any time you have trouble or questions about the application please email IPENG at email@example.com with "RSO Program Proposal" in the subject line.
Please Note: If your organization does not complete the international travel process within the timeline noted above OR a modified and approved timeline, IPENG and ISS reserve the right to remove all support for the trip and issue a letter stating as such to the organization president and advisor.