Initial Considerations for Program Leaders
We have complied a list of recommended first steps you should take when planning a Faculty-Led Program. The document below also contains a list of important dates and a timeline to help facilitate a smooth planning process.
PDF is currently being updated & will be back soon
How to Propose a Program
- Proposals for faculty-led programs must be submitted 8-12 months in advance. Selection criteria includes:
- Uniqueness of proposed program (destination, discipline, content, etc.)
- Projected ability to attract students
- Accessibility to students (cost, interdisciplinary, eligibility, etc.)
- Likelihood of program being offered repeatedly
- Field site engagement model, facilitating on-site learning, and interaction with the local community
- Integration of intercultural learning with academic content
- Alignment of proposed program with the global priorities of departments, colleges, and the university
By completing the information requested in the link below, you are submitting a proposal for a faculty-led program whose development and administration is fully assisted by staff in IPENG. You propose the study content, syllabus, and program itinerary and we will work with you on overall development and administration of the program. These courses are, in effect, co-sponsored by IPENG and the academic department and/or college issuing credit.
Important note: We will accept proposals from faculty who are willing to partner with either Customized Education Programs Abroad (CEPA) or Academic Experiences Abroad (AEA).
Once you have submitted the information requested, the proposal will be sent to the administering department chair and college dean to review and approve. A designated committee in IPENG will meet to review various factors of the program and a decision will be reached on whether or not your program will move to the next stage of recruitment and development.