Submit it by November 15th and have it approved by December 1st.
An Engineering James Scholar Honors Contract must:
- Show coherence, focus, and purpose.
- Be comprised of a minimum of 12 credit hours of which at least 6 credit hours must be in addition to what is required by the major.
- Contain at least two advanced-level courses, normally 400-level courses for technical/engineering related contracts.
- Comply with any additional requirements specified by your department (ECE and CS).
A minor, a dual degree, or the option "make my own contract" can be used to fulfill an Honors Contract in conjunction with any additional requirements that may be specified by your department. Some departments have restrictions regarding minors that can be used to fulfill your Honors Contract.
You must complete the following steps to declare your Honors Contract:
1) Meet with your departmental James Scholar advisor to formulate your Honors Contract.
3) Complete and submit the online Honors Contract form in the James Scholar Portal by November 15th or March 15th for fall and spring semesters, respectively. Students applying to the Hoeft Technology & Management Program may submit their Honors Contract by April 10th.
4) Confirm that your departmental James Scholar advisor has approved your Honors Contract in the James Scholar Portal by December 1st or May 1st for fall and spring semesters, respectively.