2022 MEP Welcome Committee

Meet the members of this year's MEP Welcome Committee!

Adela Garcia

Hi everyone,  I am a Junior majoring in Mechanical Engineering however I originally came in as a First Year Engineering Undeclared major. On campus I am the SHPE Publicity Co-Chair as well as the Secretary for the Mechanical Engineering Honors Society. This past semester I did a co-op with GE Appliances and this summer I’ll be interning for Johnson & Johnson. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. !

Alejandro Fernandez

Hello,  I am currently a sophomore studying Civil Engineering from Chicago, Illinois. Some of my involvements around campus include the Marching Illini, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, being a lab assistant, alongside my normal coursework. I have really fallen in love with the University of Illinois with my time on campus! I honestly cannot imagine myself pursuing my interests to the degree that I do here, at any other campus.

Anastasia Hernandez

Hello, I am a freshman studying Mechanical Engineering from Chicago, IL. On campus, I am involved with the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and Baja SAE. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my dog, watching movies, and going on coffee runs with friends.

Antonio Olmos

Hello, I am a senior in Mechanical Engineering from Las Vegas, NV. I am planning on attending graduate school to obtain a master's in mechanical engineering and I hope to work on robotics projects in the aerospace industry. For fun, I enjoy watching baseball, playing board games, and building craft models.

Beno Maya

Hello,  I am a 3rd year student majoring in Mechanical Engineering and minoring in Computer Engineering. In addition to involvement in MEP, I am the Vice President of Illini Men's Water Polo and the Service Chair of Pi Tau Sigma - The Mechanical Engineering Honors Society. My favorite part of MEP has been the SOS Design Challenge!

Celeste Izaguirre

Hello,  I am a freshman studying Aerospace Engineering. Here at UIUC I am involved in the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. I enjoy playing sports and doing community service.

Christian Olivera

Hi MEP, I'm a freshman studying Mechanical Engineering, from South Elgin IL. In my free time, I love to play volleyball, video games, and solve 3-D puzzles. Im heavily involved in SHPE, being the RT Membershpe counterpart and involved in IFE. Fun fact: my brother is 14 years older then me!

Christina Garcia

Hey, I'm a junior from Harvey, IL majoring in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a minor in Technology and Management. On campus,  I'm a member of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and the External Vice-President for the Society of Women Engineers. Some of my hobbies include doing yoga, going on nature walks, and painting.

Cain Gonzalez

Hi, I'm a freshman studying Computer Engineering. On campus I am a member of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and VR club. I really like to play video games, hang out with my friends, and create art.

Daniela Marquez

Hi everyone, I am a senior in Systems Engineering and Design with a secondary in Manufacturing Engineering. In college, I have been involved in the college through being an engineering learning assistant, SHPE, and MEP. I am passionate about community building and outreach, and in my free time I love playing video games, listening to new music, and spending time with my friends and family.

Darian Alonzo

Hello, I am a Junior studying Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering from Bolingbrook, IL. In my free time I likes building lego sets, reading, watching anime, and playing on his Nintendo switch. After graduation, I aspire to help save the planet by aiding in the development of sustainable green energy alternatives.

Diego Hernandez Nater

Hey, I am a Senior studying Computer Science from Naperville, IL. On campus, I am heavily involved in the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers. My career aspirations are to work on consumer software that people use every day. In my free time, I enjoy photography, watching movies, and running.

Elias Hagdu

I am a Junior in Computer Science from Chicago. I am currently the Programs Chair of NSBE so if you're interested in coming to any events or learning about how they are planned, let me know! Some of my interests are watching soccer and hanging out with my friends on campus.

Jaden Thompson

Hello! I'm a sophomore studying Mechanical Engineering that calls Texas, California, and Southeast Asia home. In my free time, I enjoy rock climbing, running, soccer, cycling, and photography. Can't wait to meet you!

Joshua Sekyere

Hello, my name is Joshua Sekyere. I am from Evanston, Illinois and currently studying Systems Engineering & Design. I am heavily involved with the National Society of Black Engineers on campus as the Pre-Collegiate Chair. In my free time, I like to watch movies, play video games, and sleep!

Juan David Campolargo

I'm a sophomore studying Engineering and Computer Science. Born and raised in Venezuela. Moved to the U.S five years ago. My mission in life is to help people and to me that means creating companies, writing books and essays, giving TEDx Talks, inventing products, and doing things society can't and won't do. Can't wait to meet you.

Julius White

Hi everyone!,  I am a freshman in Industrial Engineering looking to minor in CS. I am from Waukegan, IL. I am a basketball fanatic and love playing video games too! My favorite buildings on campus are the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) and Campus Instructional Facility (CIF).

Linda Nguessan

I am a junior studying Industrial Engineering from Elmhurst, IL. In her free time, she likes hiking, online shopping, and late night snack runs.

Maximilian Elloye

I am a Freshman studying Industrial Engineering and am from Dunlap, IL. In my spare time I like to play tennis, weightlift, and bake desserts.

Moy Reyes

I am a junior in Mechanical Engineering from Chicago, IL. Some of my hobbies include spending time with my dog, playing volleyball or soccer, 3D printing, and watching Marvel movies. My favorite activity on campus is going to the sports games.

Natalie Murillo

Hi! I'm from Westchester, IL and I am a junior majoring in Mechanical Engineering and minoring in Business. On campus, I am involved in the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and am also an Engineering Learning Assistant (ELA). In my free time, I enjoy traveling, trying new food places, and spending time with friends and family.

Savannah Pagan

Hi! I'm a sophomore studying electrical engineering. Some of my hobbies include running, writing, designing, and taking care of my flock of 18 chickens when I'm home.

Ximena Castillo

Hello! I am a Sophomore studying Mechanical Engineering. I was admitted to Grainger as Engineering Undeclared so feel free to reach out if you have any questions on how that process works! On campus, I am involved with MEP, SHPE, and Baja! In my free time, I like hanging out with friends, staying active, and baking cookies.

Zachary Kocinski

Hey, I am a freshman studying Mechanical Engineering. I am involved in both the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and the Illini Formula Electric SAE team. In my free time I play the electric guitar and research to find inspiration for my future car build.