ENG 300 ELAs

Meet your ENG 300 ELAs! Feel free to reach out and introduce yourself.

Emma Clark

Senior, Aerospace Engineering
emmac4@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR2

What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why?
My favorite class from my first year at UIUC was AE 352, Aerospace Dynamical Systems.

Contact me if you are interested in...
Aerospace Research

Tell us more about yourself!
- A fun fact about me is that I have two pet rats named Ivy and Mia.

- Last semester I had the opportunity to work with the Attitude Determination and Control team in the LASSI Lab.

Ryan Chen

Senior, Electrical Engineering
ryanc6@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR3

ECE 120, I found it very rewarding to understand the concepts and finish the labs

Contact me if you are interested in...
HKN, Electrical Engineering, Biking, Tennis, TASC, Working out

Tell us more about yourself!
- Fun Fact: I love to play tennis!

- Favorite spot on campus is Japan House

Tu Huynh

Senior, Civil and Environmental Engineering
tuch2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR4

My favorite class I took in my freshman year was Calculus I. The class was not as stressful as I was expecting and the classroom was not too crowded as I had the class at Parkland College. It was my favorite class because the materials were straightforward and fun to learn, and I was also able to make some good friends in the class. This class was the beginning of my journey on the path of becoming a future UIUC engineering student and thus, it was memorable.

Contact me if you are interested in...
becoming an Undergraduate Research Assistant at RailTEC

Tell us more about yourself!
- A fun fact about me is that I’m an international student from Vietnam, a country that is half of the earth away from the U.S and a time difference of 12 hours. I have been studying in the United State since my sophomore year of high school.

- Recently, I was admitted to as an undergraduate research assistant at University of Illinois Rail Transportation and Engineering Center (RailTEC) for the summer term. Our REU team has five undergraduate students, who are majoring in CS, ECE, CEE, and MechE. Each of us is working together with a graduate student on a specific project that is funded by the University of Illinois and some other private investors.

- My favorite thing to do in CU is studying and spending time with my friends on the quad when the weather is nice and warm. Times like this help me to reduce my stress from schoolwork and refresh my mind.

Guilherme Lessa

Senior, Mechanical Engineering
glessa2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR5

HIST 142 - Western Civ Since 1660. It was good to have a break from all the science and math classes.

Contact me if you are interested in...
mechanical engineering, manufacturing, automotive industry, martial arts, Greek life, accessibility, cultural clubs, working out, and traveling.

Tell us more about yourself!
- Since I am from Brazil, my time at U of I has been a study abroad experience since its beginning. I love how here I can meet so many different cultures while staying in one country!

- They are not sponsoring me (unfortunately), but Mia Za’s is my favorite place to eat in CU. You can make tasteful custom pizzas and sandwiches for a good price.

- The tables nearby the bell tower in the South Quad are my favorite spot on campus. Its scenery has been an escape route for me every time I was tired of studying in my apartment. It is hard for me to share this info because I do not want my spot to be taken… so please go there moderately.

- I have had internships with Eaton and Volvo. My career interest is to work with manufacturing in the automotive industry. Therefore, I am glad I could participate in internships directly related to my career goals.

Alexander Torres-Soto

Senior, Mechanical Engineering
at24@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR6

ME 170, I learned how to design products through the use of different CAD software. The course was also my first introduction to the work of a Mechanical Engineer.

Contact me if you are interested in...
SHPE, professional development and scholarship application advice

Tell us more about yourself!
- I have seen every Marvel movie at least 3 times.

- Since Freshmen year I have been a part of SHPE because all the members are supportive and welcoming.

Anthony Finucane

ajf9@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section TR7

My favorite class I took my first year at U of I has to be CEE 360 as it was key in discovering my passion for Structural Engineering, which I have decided on as my primary concentration for my major of Civil Engineering.

Contact me if you are interested in...
ASCE, Beekeeping, or general advice for life on campus.

Tell us more about yourself!
- A fun fact about me: I've been beekeeping for the past 3 years!

- For your first spring on campus you have to see the cherry blossoms bloom at the Japan House!

- My favorite place to eat near campus has to be either Cravings for the sesame chicken or Dos Reales for the burrito fajita.