What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? My favorite class from freshman year was definitely AE 140. It is an introductory level course where you can learn CAD programs specific to the aerospace industry such as Siemens NX. I really like design and modelling which is why this class was super fun for me!
Contact me if you are interested in... Anything aerospace related, Women in Aerospace, Greek Life (more specifically the professional engineering sorority Alpha Omega Epsilon)
Tell us more about yourself! - I am allergic to peanut butter but not peanuts!
- My freshman year I joined Women in Aerospace as the external representative. As a junior, I am now vice president external. WIA is a great RSO that focuses on building and maintaining women's involvement in the aerospace department. Given how small the aerospace department is, joining this organization really helped me meet and bond with other women in my major.
What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? MATH 241 - Calc III. I have a passion for math, and the class finally went over stuff we hadn't covered in high school. It was new, it was interesting and once I started to attempt solving questions, I couldn't pull myself away from it.
Contact me if you are interested in... Consulting, cube-satellites, or Behavioral Economics Research
Tell us more about yourself! - I have lived in 3 different south-east Asian countries before coming to the United States and have learned 6 languages over my lifetime.
- A must-do freshman activity: go to watch a Fighting Illini Football game - the atmosphere itself will blow you away.
- Favorite thing to do in CU: Explore different restaurants in the CU region
- Favorite thing to eat in CU: the spinach and artichoke dip at Biaggi's
- Favorite spot on campus: Glenn Park - At night, there are lights in the lake and there is lighting in the gazebo and it is so nice and peaceful. True serenity can be achieved here.
What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? MACS 100: Intro to Popular TV & Movies because I'm very enthusiastic about film and video production and this gen-ed was definitely an interesting and informative class.
Contact me if you are interested in... Volunteering, Tutoring, Research, A.O.E., She's the First, Women in Aerospace, Illinois Space Society, Student Aircraft Builders, Fataaka Dance Team, and anything you would want to talk about
Tell us more about yourself! - A fun fact about me is I love ice!
- I joined the Fataaka bollyfusion dance team my freshman year and it's a really fun and relaxing aspect of my college career.
- A 'must-do' freshman activity is try all the different food places on campus!
- Bangkok Thai, Signature Grill, and Jip Bap are my favorite places to eat!
What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? My favorite class so far was the CAD course. While us Aerospace Engineering students take similar classes to other engineering majors up until junior year, I noticed that CAD is a skillset that sets me apart from my peers.
Contact me if you are interested in... Software Engineering, being on a course staff, or good running routes on campus!
Tell us more about yourself! - I'm heavily involved with soccer on campus.
- A must-do freshman activity: Go eat at PAR late night.
- My favorite thing to do/eat in CU: I love trying to make really complicated dishes with friends on weekends!
What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? I loved the Astronomy 210 class I took freshman year. Sitting in a beautiful university building and learning about space was the best way to spend an afternoon.
Contact me if you are interested in... Aerospace RSO's, co-ops, or aviation!
Tell us more about yourself! - Freshman year I joined the Illinois Space Society (ISS)! We do really cool technical projects, educational outreach, and professional development events. I met all of my best friends and have learned most of my technical knowledge through ISS.
- I'm currently (Jan-August) doing a co-op at Collins Aerospace, working in the Military Helicopter Avionics division as a software engineer!
What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why? AE:199, Computer Aided Design (lovingly referred to as CAD) was my favorite because it was completely new to me and holds incredible creative potential.
Contact me if you are interested in... WIA, aerospace technical clubs, or volunteering in the CU community
Tell us more about yourself! - I joined Women in Aerospace my freshman year and I'm now a Media Co-chair for the RSO. I maintain that one of the best freshman experiences I had was going to the Astronomical Observatory open house, and I recommend it to absolutely everyone.