ARISE Scholars are required to:
- Enroll as a full-time student at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign in the Grainger College of Engineering.
- Maintain Good Standing with the university and make satisfactory progress towards an engineering degree.
- Only register in courses approved by ARISE Director or Coordinator.
- Earn a B┬¡ or better grade in pre-Calculus & Calculus 1, and a C or better in General Chemistry to move to the next course in the sequence; otherwise the course must be repeated the following semester.
- Regularly attend and participate in the mentoring course and other seminars/workshops designed to support student success.
- Reside in the designated residence hall with ARISE for the first year.
- Respond to communication from the ARISE Staff in a timely fashion.
- Complete all surveys as required for program evaluation.
- Treat all students in the program, as well as ARISE Staff and faculty, with respect.
- Limit part-time work to 10 hours per week while classes are in session.
- Participate fully in the ARISE Summer Bridge, Orientation, and Spring Retreat.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator at least twice per semester.
- Abide by the University of Illinois Student Code.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the loss of ARISE benefits (including but not limited to exclusive scholarship access and non-competitive access to majors in the Grainger College of Engineering).
Exceptions to requirements are extremely rare. ARISE Staff will address exception requests case-by-case.