For the fall of 2019, the UIUC-TU Wien Research Internship program is an opportunity for international undergraduate students from TU Wien with specialization in Computing. Students who are interested in research and curious about graduate studies at University of Illinois in Electrical & Computer Engineering and Computer Science will benefit most from this opportunity. Students will have the opportunity to conduct research under the mentorship of UIUC research staff and faculty. Students will be involved in the day to day life of a research lab and get to take part in all aspects of research. They will also enjoy opportunities to socialize with exchange students, and graduate students within the labs as well as explore UIUC campus life during the first 5 weeks of the semester.
August 21- September 27, 2019
2019 PROJECTS ProjectsTUWien
TU WIEN students are responsible for their travel cost to UIUC, campus student fees, housing, and health insurance. Student fees including health insurance and housing will be billed to the student directly by UIUC. (Housing is pre-arranged for students).
The deadline for applications is April 1. Notification of acceptance will be sent by May 15.
Please contact Prof. Ulrich Schmid at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Official transcript (PDF format)
• Name and email of a faculty reference (someone you have done research with or taken a course from). UIUC will contact the reference on your behalf.
• Ranking of UIUC projects you are most interested in.
• Personal Statement which includes:
• Description of your research interests
• Describe your prior research experience (including any research publications)
• Describe any other relevant background related to your research preparedness.
• If interested in pursuing graduate studies at Illinois, say why you think this would be a good fit.