Computer Science ELAs

Meet your Computer Science ELAs! Feel free to reach out and introduce yourself.

Himnish Jain

Junior, Computer Science
himnish2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS1

What was your favorite class you took freshman year and why?
My favorite technical class from freshman year was CS 128: Intro to Programming 2. I loved the MPs assigned to us every week, and it really helped me grow as a programmer. My favorite gen-ed from freshman year was GLBL 100. It allowed me to broaden my thinking about the world and give me different perspectives into global politics, hunger, poverty, and economics.

Contact me if you are interested in...
AI/ML research, doing multiple academic minors, building (or playing) video games, or being a teaching assistant!

Tell us more about yourself!
Fun Fact: I have travelled to 5 out of the 7 continents in the world, and I hope to visit all of them in the near future!

A must do freshman activity is going for ice skating at the Ice Arena. It is exceptionally fun, especially if one goes with friends, even if y'all don't know how to ice skate!

Favorite place to eat in CU: It is a tie between Ko Fusion and Mia Za's. Bth places are absolutely divine!
Favorite spots on campus: Psychology building courtyard and Siebel Center for CS balcony."

Sailaja Nallacheruvu

Junior, Computer Science
snall6@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS2

My favorite class freshman year was CS 173. It exposed me to a new part of my major I hadn't really known about or considered before, and I met a lot of cool people while taking the class.

Contact me if you are interested in...
Undergraduate Research, CS RSOs, becoming a tour guide, non-engineering RSOs

Tell us more about yourself!
I've been involved in Women in Computer Science since my first semester on campus! As a first year, I was a committee member, and I'm currently the secretary. It's a great way to get exposed to different parts of technology and careers in computer science, and meet really cool people. The community makes me really happy, and I know that I've learned and gained a lot by being a part of this club.
While you don't need to do this as a freshman, I'd recommend taking an ice skating class on campus before you graduate! I took KIN 104 in my 3rd semester on campus, and I absolutely loved it!

Miley Brunner

Senior, Computer Science
mileymb2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS4

My favorite class that I took freshman year was cs 125 (now it's 124). I loved this class because it is where I fell in love with my major and where I decided to pursue computer science.

Contact me if you are interested in...
joining an engineering fraternity, playing club/intramural sports, or finding the best coffee shops on campus

Tell us more about yourself!
One fun fact about me is that I can do the worm.

An RSO that I joined freshman year and am still a part of is club tennis. I love the sport and the organization.

A must-do freshman activity is definitely going to either a basketball or a football game. it really makes you feel like you're in college.

Palak Khera

Junior, Computer Science
palakk2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS5

My favorite class I took freshman year was CS 173, because as hard as it was at the time, I realized that the class was structures so well and gave students all of the necessary resources needed to succeed.

Contact me if you are interested in...
soccer, singing, dancing, getting involved in RSO's on campus, or anything outdoorsy!

Tell us more about yourself!
Thai Fusion is my favorite restaurant on campus.

Ananya Rajagopal

Senior, Computer Science
apr5@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS6

CS 126: Software Design (the CS core curriculum has changed so this contents of this course are spread out across 2 other courses)! This is the course that made me a better software engineer simply by practice and continuous feedback, and while the class moved fast it taught me so, so much.

Contact me if you are interested in...
CS opportunities, getting involved in RSOs, research, studying abroad, minoring outside engineering (my minor: psychology), what it's like being an out of state student, and/or you just want to chat!

Tell us more about yourself!
I studied abroad during the spring of my sophomore year in Stockholm, Sweden and it was an absolutely unforgettable experience. I got to meet so many wonderful people, get out of my comfort zone and make some unreal memories. Fun fact: it was cheaper than a semester at U of I! If you're curious about anything study abroad, please reach out!

As a freshman, you have to check out the crazy number of RSOs that this school has to offer. Even if you don't end up getting involved, there's so many new friends you can make, events you can learn from and free food to gain!

Ansh Sharma

TBA, Computer Science
anshgs2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS7

TBA

Contact me if you are interested in...
TBA

Tell us more about yourself!
TBA

Rachel Samojedny

Junior, Computer Science
rcs6@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS8

CS128, I really liked getting to actually apply my coding skills to multiple projects and see everything I have learned.

Contact me if you are interested in...
Greek life, business fraternities, Dance, SWE, WCS

Tell us more about yourself!
I joined a professional business fraternity, AKPsi my freshman year that I am still heavily involved in and liked getting to expand my network to other colleges at the university as well as be with other business-minded engineers!

My favorite thing to eat is Raising Cane's and I am so excited there is a new one here on campus!

Anisha Gummadi

TBA, Computer Science
gummadi3@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CS9

TBA

Contact me if you are interested in...
TBA

Tell us more about yourself!
TBA

Timor Averbuch

Junior, Computer Science
timorea2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSA

ACE 251: The World Food Economy. It was welcome change from the technical and logical nature of major. As a freshman, I was eager to explore new areas of study, and ACE 251 provided me with an opportunity to learn about a topic that was really different from computer science. I enjoyed being exposed to the interdisciplinary nature of the course, which combined concepts from economics, agriculture, sociology, and environmental science, as well as gaining a new perspective on many important issues that the world faces today.

Contact me if you are interested in...
Undergraduate Research, CA-ships, Systems Programming, Parallel Programming, Competitive Programming, Applied Machine Learning, Grilling, Rock Climbing, Movie Recommendations, and anything in between

Tell us more about yourself!
I take part in the ClassTranscribe team. We are working on helping educators improve their accommodations for students with special needs.

My favorite place to eat is cravings. Their szechuan chicken is a must have.

Ananya Barman

Junior, Computer Science
ananyab3@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSB

I absolutely loved CS 196 (Introduction to Computer Science I Honors). This was because we had the entire semester to work on a technical project of our choice and the class allowed me to explore topics I wouldn't have otherwise.

Contact me if you are interested in...
the internship application process, consulting and design-based RSOs, books, history, or travel!

Tell us more about yourself!
I love travel and have been to over 30 countries so far!

My favorite spots on campus are ACES Library or near the fountain in the North Quad.

Aryan Vaswani

Junior, Computer Science
aryangv2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSC

I loved CWL207 because I got to watch Bollywood movies as part of the course!

Contact me if you are interested in...
Disruption Lab or being a course assistant

Tell us more about yourself!
I'm a huge aviation geek and my favorite place to eat is Bangkok Thai.

Sneha Mohan

Junior, Computer Science
sneham5@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSD

ASTR 330: Extraterrestrial Life. I've always love space and thinking about what lies beyond our atmosphere (I was almost an Aerospace Engineering major), and I'm convinced that there must be other life out there. However, I'm also a huge proponent for the facts, and don't usually believe theories until proven true. This class offered a logical and methodical way of evaluating the likelihood of alien life. In general I love the courses that CHP offers—as a part of the program we have to take one every semester, and I have not had a bad experience yet!

Contact me if you are interested in...
Business Fraternities, Disruption Lab, Boba, Internships, Marvel, Dance Teams, Professional Development

Tell us more about yourself!
Fun fact - I can quack like a duck.

The Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen from Oozu is the best food to ever exist.

Martina Perez Zuleta

TBA, Computer Science
martina8@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSE

TBA

Contact me if you are interested in...
TBA

Tell us more about yourself!
TBA

Laney Moy

TBA, Computer Science
elenam3@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSF

TBA

Contact me if you are interested in...
TBA

Tell us more about yourself!
TBA

Tarun Voruganti

Senior, Computer Science
tvorug2@illinois.edu | LinkedIn | Section CSG

My favorite class I took freshman year was Computer Architecture. The class was run in a fun way, which is difficult to do for an online class, and it was interesting to learn about how computers work at a low level.

Contact me if you are interested in...
campus jobs! In addition to being an ELA I'm also a campus tour guide. Also recruiting, if you want to talk about interview processes or want advice.

Tell us more about yourself!
I really like trying new restaurants. It's been a bucket list item of mine to try every restaurant in Champaign-Urbana. I've tried a lot but I'm not very close. If you ever want a restaurant rec, I got you!